Doing AI the European way: Protecting fundamental rights in an era of artificial intelligence
At 3pm I will be speaking at a panel of the German EU Presidency:
AI and the EU policy agenda – How to drive forward a fundamental rights compatible EU framework regulating AI
This panel will discuss policy needs to ensure fundamental rights compliant use of AI in
the EU. Participants will discuss existing, upcoming and potential future regulation on AI from a fundamental rights perspective.
• Alexandra Geese, Member of the European Parliament
• Kilian Gross, Head of Unit A.2, Directorate-General Communications Networks, Content and
Technology (DG CONNECT), European Commission
• Ursula Pachl, Deputy Director General, European Consumer Organisation (BEUC)
• Philip Alston, Professor of Law at New York University, UN Special Rapporteur on extreme
poverty and human rights 2014–2020
• Jan Kleijssen, Director of Information Society – Action against Crime, Council of Europe
Discussion and interaction with participants
More information here.