Webinar: #NextGenerationEU- Are women left out?
In order to strengthen Europe in the crisis, economic stimulus packages of historic dimensions have been put together – but they are blind in one eye. Because they have forgotten the women who work in the sectors where unemployment is rising the most or who have to reduce their working hours because of additional childcare. Europe’s “Next Generation EU” reconstruction plan has also been struck by this gender blindness. This crisis – and the reaction to it – will set women in all countries back decades if we do not set the right political course now.
The Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament has therefore commissioned an initial gender impact assessment from economists Dr Elisabeth Klatzer and Dr Azzura Rinaldi.
On Monday evening, June 29 at 7:30 p.m., we will discuss the results of the study with exceptional speakers.
- Alexandra Geese, Member of the European Parliament, Greens/EFA
19:40-20:00 Presentation of the study
- Dr. Elisabeth Klatzer, Economist, gender budgeting expert, university lecturer
- Dr. Azzurra Rinaldi, Sapienza University of Rome
20:00-20:50 Discussion with
- Jessica Nguyen, Policy and Campaigns Assistant, European Women’s Lobby
- Dimitrios Papadimoulis, Vice-President of the EP responsible for gender equality and diversity, Chairman of the High Level Group on Gender Equality and Diversity
- Frances Fitzgerald, Member of the European Parliament, EPP
- Pina Picierno, Member of the European Parliament, S&D
- Samira Rafaela, Member of the European Parliament, Renew Europe